Tuesday, March 31, 2009

2009 College Graduates


Posted by: Joseph Owen

As I am a senior upon graduation, I am seriously affected by the financial crisis.  Unemployment has been on the rise, and most companies are not looking to hire.  As I continue on my job search, I find it extremely difficult to find a job in my area of interest, which just happens to be finance.  This could perhaps be the worst time to look for a job in finance, as most large firms have gone bankrupt, while others are hurting badly.  I am still on the job search, and unfortunately I have had to look in areas other than my interest.  The financial crisis could not have come at a worse time for me, and it is paying a toll on most 2009 college graduates.  
Recently, the stock market has begin to rise.  This brings some hope for me because I would love to become a stock broker.  This has always been my goal out of college, and ever since the collapse of the stock market, my dream has been narrowed.  However, is the stock market back on the rise?  If so, this could allow financial firms and stock brokers to once again start hiring.  The articles below all discuss the hardships 2009 college graduates have been facing due to the financial crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment