Monday, April 27, 2009

Financial Crisis; Job Market


As the current school year is winding down, I'm going to take this opportunity to speak of the current job market, and my current search for jobs. I am a senior with a dual major of Marketing and Finance. It has always been my dream to grow up and become a large player in the stock market. As graduation approaches, I have been interviewing with several financial and sales companies. By utilizing the Syracuse University Orangelink website, I was able to land two job offers. One was budgeting and financial planning for a group of 15 hospitals on Long Island, and the other job offer was with a stock broker. In today's market, you can't be picky about jobs. I am extremely fortunate to have different options to choose from, and I blieve that I am picking the stock broker job. The current job market is horrible, and I am so thankful to be in the position I am. My advice to young students is to take advantage of the Orange Link website. The link below leads to a youtube video of a financial analyst speaking on unemployment due to the economic crisis. If you would like to follow up on this issue, click on the link below.


Posted by: Joseph Owen


No comments:

Post a Comment